Planning and Promotion of Cycling in Denmark
Study Trip April 28-30, 2019

Photo: Jens Erik Larsen
Photo: Sekretariatet for Supercykelstier

The study trip will include lectures about Odense, Copenhagen and Gladsaxe (a Copenhagen suburb, entitled "This Year's Bicycle Municipality" by Danish Cyclists' Federation 2016). Besides lectures there will be plenty of bicycle trips in and outside Copenhagen, some of them on bicycle super highways, others in combination with public transport, all of which will enable the participants to experience Danish cycling themselves. The study trip starts with a get-together the 28th April in the evening, which will be the first of several opportunities for formal and informal discussions. A more detailed program can be found here.

The study trip is organized by M.Sc. Jens Erik Larsen from Foreningen Frie Fugle and M.Sc. Thomas Krag from Thomas Krag Mobility Advice.

You can find the program here.

You can find the most recent program here.

You can find the program of a similar trip held June 2018 here.

Practical Info

Participation cost is 680 €. When signing up January 15, 2019 at the latest, you can benefit from the early bird participation cost 550 € . Non Danish participants with a valid VAT number can save most of the VAT, which will bring the prices down to 569 € (regular price) and 465 € (early bird price).

Participation cost 680 € (569 € for non Danish participants with a valid VAT number).

The price includes all meals, bicycle rental and public transport during the study trip, but not accommodation (hotel and breakfast).

Pre-payment (20%) should be paid by January 15, 2019, remainder (80%) should be paid by April 1, 2019. Cancellation fee is 20% until April 1, after this date cancellation is not possible.

Pre-payment (20%) should be paid by February 16, remainder (80%) should be paid by June 1, 2018. Cancellation fee 20% until June 1, after this date cancellation is not possible.

Pre-payment (20%) should be paid immediately after signing-up, remainder (80%) should be paid by June 1, 2018. Cancellation fee 20% until June 1, after this date cancellation is not possible.

Mail je@friefugle.dk or tk@thomaskrag.com for registration or more info.

Mail je@friefugle.dk or tk@thomaskrag.com for info, or call Jens Erik Larsen at +45 21 25 39 85 or Thomas Krag at +45 27 11 86 24.

Accommodation Hints

Some fair priced, central options are Ibsens Hotel, Hotel Jørgensen, Hotel Windsor and Generator Hostel København. You can also check out current offers at hotels.com.